POLLING PLACE LOCATION
Village of Prentice residents vote at the Fire Station/Village Hall located at 605 Spruce Street. Voting hours are from 7:00a.m. to 8:00p.m.
As of January 1, 2006, all municipalities in Wisconsin require voter registration prior to a person being allowed to vote.
The federal “Help American Vote Act of 2002” requires any person registering to supply his or her driver’s license. If the elector does not have a driver’s license, he/she must provide the last 4 digits of their Social Security Number or their Wisconsin state ID card number.
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE
- BY MAIL: Print out the Application for Voter Registration (EB131), complete the form and mail it into the clerk’s office, 605 Spruce Street, Prentice, WI 54556. The application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (3rd Wednesday) before the election. Please note: State and Federal law now requires that any first-time registrant submitting a registration application by mail must provide a copy of an acceptable identifying document that provides proof of residency.
- IN PERSON: Register in the clerk’s office up to 5:00p.m. or the close of business, whichever is later on the day before the election.
- AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for at least 10 days preceding the election. For purposes of voter registration, acceptable forms of proof of residence must include:
- A current and complete name, including both the give and family name; and
- A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any and the name of the municipality.
PROOF OF RESIDENCE
The following is a list of acceptable Proof-of-Residence if the document contains the information specified above:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day.
- A university, college or technical institute fee card (must include photo).
- A university, college or technical institute identification card (must include photo)
- A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier that 90 days before the election day.
- Bank statement
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
For more information about voting in Wisconsin please visit the Government Accountability Board Voter Information site